Mobile Marketing: Follow These Simple Rules to Make it Work
Follow the Rules When it Comes to SMS Marketing
It is true that mobile or SMS marketing is on the rise and will continue to be on the rise. Business owners are starting to realize that there are advantages that SMS marketing has over email marketing such as having a higher open rate, as well as having many other pros. But people need to understand that there are do’s and dont’s to strongly consider before starting an SMS maerketing campaign.
Some Simple Rules of SMS Marketing to Follow
1. Think about the Relationships- It is not okay to start spamming people out of no where over and over again with offers. If you have old clients it is ok to send them an SMS message to let them know what you are offering. If they are not interested, still take interest in their lives. They may be interested in something that you will offer in the future. Keep in touch with your existing clients through SMS on a regular basis.
2. Pay Attention to Timing of Message you Send Out- If you send out a promotion through SMS that is fine but pay attention when you send it out and the response rate you get. Do not over promote especially in the same day or else you will be accused of spamming.
3. Let your Consumers Opt Out if they Want- Face it, not all of your clients or consumers are going to want to keep getting SMS messages from you. If they want to opt out, give them that option.
4. Do Not be Generic- Make your messages short, concise and personal.
5. Do Not Limit your Call to Action- If you can do not limit your SMS call to action message to one place. If you can afford it, put it on billboards, magazines, and anywhere you can.
6. Don’t be Cheap- Running a SMS Marketing is cheaper than email marketing but don’t go too cheap either. Shared short codes are not going to help and in fact they can do more harm than good. Find out what you can what it takes to run a successful SMS marketing campaign.
These are some simple rules to abide by when running your SMS marketing campaign. If you are looking into running an SMS campaign for your business, contact us and we will be able to help you out.